About This Page
This page gives some guidance on who can contribute to this wiki. There is a separate page on Contributing To The Wiki.
Anyone Can - With A Little Bit Of Knowledge Or Work
This wiki is open to anyone to contribute to. You are welcome to edit any page or add any number of new pages. Don't hold back due to fear of not knowing enough or being criticised.
We want to make it clear that you do not have to be an expert in the area you are writing about. You don't have to have worked in that area, or studied extensively. We ask only that:-
- You feel you have enough knowledge on the subject that would be useful to share with the world/community. If there is nothing on this subject already, then this could be as little as a page with a single paragraph containing links to a couple of videos/websites and a quote or two from experts in the area.
- If you haven't already got a good level of knowledge in the area, then you spend a little time (an hour or two) looking into it before you write your page.
- You try to avoid putting too much of your own opinion into the article and try more to summarise what has already been written or said about the subject by experts in the area, and include links to relevant sources.
An Example Page
What To Do If I Am Considering Writing A New Page?
- Spend a bit of time looking into the subject.
- Write a few paragraphs and try to include quotes and links to the sources you have been looking at.
- Don't worry about being complete/exhaustive. Hopefully your version will be the first of many.
- Expect your page to be edited and improved over time. Bits of it will be deleted/replaced. Don't worry about it. This is about growing something using Collective Intelligence. It's also worth noting that the wiki automatically keeps track of older versions so your work will never be lost even if changes are made by somebody else.
- Enjoy the process. You'll learn more about the subject, and you'll learn more about what you understand the subject.
What If I Want To Edit An Existing Page?
You are encouraged to add to and improve existing pages. If you think a bit of text is inaccurate or could be replaced with better text that you write - then feel free to delete it. No-one owns that page: it is collectively owned by everyone. If you're going to delete a big chunk of stuff without replacing it with similar content then please have a good reason for doing it, and if you want to be especially polite you can send a message on the Talk Page to the person who created that text explaining why you're doing it.
In the end, content will by its nature grow organically. Remember that the wiki automatically keeps track of previous versions of all its pages, so you don't have to worry about permanently losing or breaking anything.
ATTRIBUTION NOTE: This page is largely based on https://rebelwisdom.miraheze.org/wiki/Who_Can_Contribute_To_This_Wiki with small changes. Thanks to the original contributors to that page :-) which was created with these licensing terms (same as this page)